Fire Door Facts
- Fire doors are a critical element of passive fire protection used to provide compartmentation, so care should be taken both in specification and installation.
- BS 8214:2016 gives recommendations for the specification, installation and maintenance of timber-based fire doors.
- Fire ratings must be selected based on the site situation, classifications within BS 8214:2016 range from 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Timber based door-sets should be tested to BS 476 Part 22.
- Special installation materials must be used including intumescent sealant and fire rated material.
- There are UKAS accredited third party certification schemes available for installation companies.
- Warrington Certification are a world leader in providing certification in support of fire safety.
- Warrington operate the FIRAS certification scheme
- The FIRAS scheme includes Certificate of Conformity for each installation.
Select Anglian Building Products
- We are a certified FIRAS installer.
- We have installed thousands of fire doors for social housing clients.
- We have full national coverage and resources available to deliver your fire door installation project.
Email us or call 01603 422505 to discuss your fire door installation projects